Call for Papers
The aim of this workshop is to facilitate discussion on the design of interaction with smart objects. The workshop welcomes researchers, practitioners and experts from the various fields from human-computer interaction.
We seek high quality contributions that explore the combination of intelligent interaction with the specific characteristics of smart objects. Topics include but are not limited to:
- novel interaction concepts for smart objects
- self-explanatory smart objects
- multimodal interaction
- embodied and tangible interaction
- intelligibility of smart objects
- user studies and evaluation techniques
- technology and models required for enabling the interaction with smart objects
- situation models and reasoning
Join our facebook group to get the latest updates
We invite submissions in three different formats:
- Position papers (2 pages) describe a motivated opinion or viewpoint on interaction with smart objects, identifies an open issue or important problem, or presents work in progress.
- Demo papers (2 pages) describe a system setup that demonstrates novel ways to interact with smart objects.
- Full papers (4-6 pages) describe substantial contributions of novel ongoing work.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed. Besides based on general contributions, submissions will also be selected on their potential to initiate discussion. Accepted submissions will be made available as online proceedings. Copyright is retained by the authors thus papers can be submitted for other venues that allow this.
Updated Important Dates
|Paper Submission:||Jan 21, 2013|
|Author Notification:||Feb 14, 2013|
|Camera-ready Version:||Feb 21, 2013|
|Workshop:||Mar 19, 2013|